“Hey, Jude! Don't let her down
You have found her, now go and get her
Remember, to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better. “


(Lennon-McCartney)






Is that song familiar to you? Guess so if you were born in times of the Beatles or might as well love their songs even if you were born just yesterday. I’m not that die-hard fan of the Beatles, but my dad keep on playing their music when he is still alive at home, I am still in my childhood years by that time, which I have learned to like and love later on.

Across the Universe, which starred by Evan Rachel Wood and Jim Sturgess whom directed by Julie Taymor, brings back the time when I had my dad. I was waiting for this movie a long time ago and was so excited to see it on the screen. Its just bring back some good old times on my childhood home. Also, I just had a glimpse of what our past looks like. Flowers, guns, graffiti, colors and music all rolled into one, which helps me a lot in bringing those nostalgic past.

I cried while singing some lines from the Beatles, not because of the story but how it reminds of my dad. Sadly to say, I still don’t want to let go of the fact that my father is dead. It’s been over 10 years, but still my dad and his memories hunt me. Who would let go for something so good, but yet too impossible to hold?

I was like Prudence, one character in the movie, a girl who doesn’t know where to go end up with the company of Lucy and Jude. She has the sweetest voice for me, which I really love after hearing her own rendition of “I want to hold your hand”.

I just really, really love the movie. I want to watch it all over again, singing those songs my father used to sing. I wanted my mom to see it, but I think it’s still far from now since I’m living miles from them. I wanted so bad to share this movie to her, which I know she can really relate.

All you need is love…

As the movie tells us, yes that’s all I need. That’s all I need to feel that my father still loves me even if he’s long been gone. That’s all we need to have peace here on earth.






0 cups of coffee