Decisions

Posted by


Why is is that sometimes we need to decide on things even if there are no choices available for us to choose? Why is it that sometimes, we need to do decisions against our will and in the end, face regrets for the outcome of it?

Decisions have been part of our lives since the day we decided to tell our parents we can do things we wanted to do. To tie or shoelaces, to eat Gerber or not or to go to school alone.Decisions on when to let go or when to hold on.

Growing up means taking responsibilities to one self and acting on decisions we are planning to make. We no longer rely on things or reasons from other people, and sometimes the things that we choose are not the result of what we are wishing for. Not all decisions are bound for success, but most of the time, learning comes after our decisions got failed.

My teacher in elementary always tell us to grow up and be mature in everything that we do. That of course include the responsibility of owning up decisions and facing them with dignity. But what did our teacher fail to tell us is that mistakes were part of our lives and it is OK to commit mistakes as long as we are learning out of it.

I don't know. There are things I wanted them to go back and relationships I want to rekindle. But some things should be left as what they are now. I have made my decision and there's no turning back. I have no regrets, but only lessons from the past that I will carry on for the future.

0 cups of coffee