Love your Parents

Posted by

How many times have we wished that our parents wil leave us alone? That they are always pissing us, that all we wished for is the freedom from them? I have wished that for so many times a long ago, but now, I wished I never did..



I grew up with a tyrant father, and my mom's not always at home since she's the one who is attending our buisness. For a normal child, play is usually the first thing in mind. Second is school, and lastly the household chores. But I never did have the freedom to play as long as I want. All of my actions have a corresponding time on it. And I really hate my father for that. He always want me to focus most of my time on books. But isn't it pretty boring?

I never appreciate my parents most of the time when I was a child. I can only see and talk to my mom at night when she goes home. She will then disappear from home early in the morning to attend to our buisness. But I'm always been a good child. I even gave them the things they want of me...and that is recognition from school. But I always wanted one thing,....FREEDOM.

" I badly need it", I always told myself, without thinking the consequences of what I am thinking. I am still a child, I still have a vague distinction of what is wrong from right. I always wanted freedom, and wishing my father will go away.

It was sunday when my family sat all together at our sala. I can feel a calm ambience on our room, so light and easy, so happy but still, I can feel that there's something wrong. Something that will happen, that will change the mood of the place where we are now sitting.

"Son, focus on your study. Thats the only treasure I can impart on you. Im not getting younger, me and your mom. We are not always here that you can run to. I always believe in you, thats why Im pushing you to excel on your class. I dont want you to be like me". Dad's eyes became watery as he says these words in front of me. I'm silent, thinking of the words and digesting them in my brain. I smiled. Knowing nothing what to reply.

"Please take care of yourself when i'm gone. Your always be my favorite son. Im sorry if I'm too strict at you. You may not understand it now, but soon, you will. I love you son. Even if im not around". I force myself not to sheed a single tear. I smiled. Understanding the truth behind those words.

The next day, I went home from school that evening, excited to see my dad. He was on the sala watching his favorite game, basketball. I bought him cashew seeds, which is also one of his fave. I wanted to say I love him very much, and wanted to hug him. I now understand what he is doing. But Im too shy to tell him that I love him too.

I was on the shower room when I heared my mom cried. " Wake up! Please dont leave us" I know my mom is crying. Sobbing. And hurriedly get up and went to my father's room. I was shocked and stood still on the door as I watch my mom cry. Dad's dead. Of heart attack. Words came flashing back. And thats the time, i sheed a thousand tears.

On his coffin, the last day I will ever see his face, I whispered him........" I love you dad so much. I know I cant bring you back since Jesus already wants you to be with him. I will miss your strictness. And im sorry, I did not understand you that time. Now, I know what you are trying to teach me."

Dad, wherever you are, my success is for you.

0 cups of coffee